Pasta alla Trapanese Recipe Parcel (Trapani)
Discover inside The Trapani Recipe Parcel the ingredients & recipe card to make your own Pasta alla Trapanese, a typical dish from Trapani, a city on the west coast of Sicily protruding into the Mediterranean Sea. Its fishing port, Salt Pans and its close proximity to Tunisia play a large role in the city’s culinary discoveries. Perfect for 2 portions and that quick impressive dish!
- Serves: 2 or add an extra jar of Pesto alla Trapanese to make it 4 portions
- Shelf life unopened: 1 month – 2 years (cheese 1 month)
- Notes: The pasta is enough for 4 portions. If you don’t use all the pesto just add a layer of olive oil to the pesto and ideally consume within 3 days but if sealed well it keeps preserved for longer; the other ingredients keep well for longer periods of time also.
Discover our Pasta alla Trapanese recipe
- 1 x Strazzanti Pesto alla Trapanese 200g – Our signature pesto which we serve at our supper clubs is a well-known pesto from Trapani. The pesto is rich in Sicilian almonds with our almonds being the Val di Noto variety which are paired together with basil, garlic, capuliatu tomatoes & pecorino cheese roughly blitzed to the perfect texture to serve through the classic Sicilian shaped Busiate pasta. You can also add in some fresh cherry tomatoes for extra texture!
- 1 x 500g Organic Artisanal Busiate Pasta – from Libera Terra cold pressed semolina (<40°C) & bronze drawing
- 100g x Pecorino Cheese