The Pietraperzia Recipe Parcel
Discover inside the ingredients and recipe card to make your own Strazzanti Classic Pasta dish with our classic Strazzanti Sugo di Pomodoro. Our Nonna was born in central Sicily, in a small town called “Pietraperzia” and this is where she learnt her culinary skills and techniques. A staple to each of our households this dish is full of nostalgia for us. Perfect for 4 portions and that quick, simple yet delicious dish.
- Serves: 4
- Shelf life unopened: 1 month – 2 years (cheese 1 month)
- Notes: Although this is enough for 4 people you don’t have to cook it all at the same time. We have added 2 x jars of Sugo di Pomodoro so you can make 1-2 portions easily at a time with the Sugo and the unopened jar and other ingredients keep well for longer periods of time.
- 2 x Strazzanti Sugo di Pomodoro 200g – Our Grandma’s recipe for the classic tomato sauce, made with Sicilian tomatoes freshly picked and made into a Passata which is then cooked with local garlic, basil and Sicilian extra virgin olive oil where the olives are grown in Chiaramonte Gulfi using 100% Tonda Iblea monocultivar.
- 1 x 500g Organic Sicilian durum wheat Linguine – from Libera Terra (libera info Below) cold pressed semolina (<40 ° C) & bronze drawing
- 200g x Pecorino Cheese
- 1 x 100ml Strazzanti Extra virgin olive oil – Our monocultivar Moresca olive oil, cold pressed and perfect for finishing off your pasta with its grassy & fresh tomato notes