The Palermo Recipe Parcel
Discover inside the ingredients & recipe card to make your own Pasta con le Sarde – a classic Palermitano pasta dish from the capital of Sicily made with Sicilian wild fennel & sardines. This dish has a rich Arabic influence with raisins running through the pasta. Perfect for 4 portions.
- Serves: 4
- Shelf life unopened: 1 month – 2 years (Onion/breadcrumbs 1 month)
- Notes: Although this is enough for 4 people you don’t have to cook it all at the same time. Just add a layer of olive oil to the fennel pesto and ideally consume within 3 days, the other ingredients keep well for longer periods of time.
- 1 x Strazzanti Pesto di Finocchietto Selvatico 180g – 4 ingredients Sicilian wild fennel leaves 81%, Sicilian extra virgin olive oil, lemon & sea salt from Trapani salt pans. The wild fennel is handpicked from the Iblei mountains, gently steamed and blitzed with a touch of lemon juice, sea salt and Sicilian extra virgin olive oil grown in Chiaramonte Gulfi 100% Tonda Iblea monocultivar.
- 1 x 500g Organic Sicilian durum wheat Spaghetti Pasta from Libera Terra cold pressed semolina (<40 ° C) & bronze drawing
- 2 x Sardines tins in olive oil
- Mollica Atturrata – Seasoned breadcrumbs used to crumble on top of the pasta. It was once used as the ‘poor man’s cheese’ now used for great texture & extra flavour
- 1 x 100ml Strazzanti Extra virgin olive oil – Our monocultivar Moresca olive oil, cold pressed and perfect for finishing off your pasta with its grassy & fresh tomato notes