The Catania Recipe Parcel
Discover inside the ingredients & recipe card to make your own Strazzanti favourite “Pasta alla Norma”. One of our signature sauces made with aubergine and salted ricotta cheese immersed in a full-bodied Sicilian tomato sauce. Every region and every family have their own version of this recipe, but it is known to derive from the 2nd capital city of Sicily, Catania on the east coast of Sicily.
- Serves: 4
- Shelf life unopened: 1 month – 2 years (cheese 1 month)
- Notes: Although this is enough for 4 people you don’t have to cook it all at the same time you can make 1-2 portions easily at a time. Once the sugo alla norma is opened ideally consume within 3 days, the other ingredients and unopened jar keep well for longer periods of time.
- 2 x Strazzanti Sugo alla Norma 180g – Our recipe of fried Sicilian aubergines immersed in our Sicilian tomato sauce with lashings of Ricotta salata inside.
- 1 x 500g Organic Sicilian durum wheat Casarecce pasta – from Libera Terra cold pressed semolina (<40°C) & bronze drawing
- 75g Ricotta Salata Cheese – extra for grating on top!
- 1 x 100ml Strazzanti Extra virgin olive oil – Our monocultivar Moresca olive oil, cold pressed and perfect for finishing off your pasta with its grassy & fresh tomato notes