Evening Sicilian Fresh Pasta Masterclass Live with The Thinking Traveller – 23.04.21
Out of stock
Learn to master the art of pasta making using the southern Italian classic techniques in this live cook along virtual masterclass in partnership with our friends from The Thinking Traveller. Their founders and our guests, Rossella and Huw, will be joining us to share some of their secret travel tips for Sicily for you for this summer, and with Emilia and Sofia will be talking about all the best dishes to eat when in Sicily!
You will be sent via post all the ingredients required. Working with a Sicilian twice milled semolina flour you will make 4 classic Sicilian pasta shapes with no pasta machine required. Emilia, Strazzanti co-founder and chef, will guide you step by step on the making of the pasta dough and the shaping techniques. You will also have 2 x Strazzanti Sicilian sauces ready to serve alongside the fresh pasta with the perfect cheese to accompany the dishes as well.
Get your pen and paper ready for all the pasta making tips and hidden gems in Sicily to visit!
- Date: Friday 23rd April 2021
- Time: 18.00
- Where: Zoom – A link will be emailed to you the day before
- Delivery: n/a
- Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours – a minimal amount of prep required beforehand
- Portions: Makes 4 portions (depending on your appetite!)
- Menu: Makes 4 x pasta varieties with a classic alla Norma sauce and Pesto alla Trapanese
- Level: Beginners
- The Class: Alongside Emilia you will make 4 x classic Pasta shapes; Cavaltelli, Orecchiette, Casarecce, and Busiate. No pasta machine is required. During the class we will make 2 portions of pasta with 1 sauce, leaving you another 2 portions to practice making the pasta after the class and to cook with the second sauce too.
Pre-portioned and delivered directly to your door.
What is included:
- 1kg Sicilian Semolina flour
- Strazzanti Pesto alla Trapanese
- Strazzanti Sugo alla Norma
- Ricotta Salata
- Pecorino cheese
- A bowl to make the pasta dough in
- A measuring jug
- A normal table knife
- A wooden chopping board
- Weighing scales
- Pan for cooking the Pasta
- Saucepan for cooking the sauce
- Wooden spoon
- Nuts – Almonds