Pasta con le Sarde Recipe Gift Hamper
Out of stock
We have sold out of our large luxury gift boxes however our standard Pasta con le Sarde is still available.
Discover inside The Palermo Recipe Hamper the ingredients & recipe card to make your own Pasta con le Sarde – a classic Palermitano pasta dish from the capital of Sicily made with Sicilian wild fennel & sardines. This dish has a rich Arabic influence with raisins running through the pasta. Perfect for 4 portions.
- Serves: 4
- Shelf life unopened: 1 month – 2 years (Onion/breadcrumbs 1 month)
- Notes: Although this is enough for 4 people you don’t have to cook it all at the same time. Just add a layer of olive oil to the fennel pesto and ideally consume within 3 days, the other ingredients keep well for longer periods of time.
- 1 x Strazzanti Pesto di Finocchietto Selvatico 180g – 4 ingredients Sicilian wild fennel leaves 81%, Sicilian extra virgin olive oil, lemon & sea salt from Trapani salt pans. The wild fennel is handpicked from the Iblei mountains, gently steamed and blitzed with a touch of lemon juice, sea salt and Sicilian extra virgin olive oil grown in Chiaramonte Gulfi 100% Tonda Iblea monocultivar.
- 1 x 500g Organic Sicilian durum wheat Spaghetti Pasta from Libera Terra cold pressed semolina (<40 ° C) & bronze drawing
- 2 x Sardines tins in olive oil
- Mollica Atturrata – Seasoned breadcrumbs used to crumble on top of the pasta. It was once used as the ‘poor man’s cheese’ now used for great texture & extra flavour
- 1 x 100ml Strazzanti Extra virgin olive oil – Our monocultivar Moresca olive oil, cold pressed and perfect for finishing off your pasta with its grassy & fresh tomato notes
- Luxury gift box & ribbon
- Personalised message upon request