Make your own Sicilian Cubaita & Hazelnut Chocolate Cake at home
This bake at home recipe parcel is perfect for the savoury and sweet chocolate lover! This Father’s day enjoy our signature Sicilian sesame seed and almond brittle with our Hazelnut Chocolate cake DIY kit.
Imported directly by Strazzanti, the Sicilian Hazelnut is complemented by the dark salty chocolate ganache, giving a light yet indulgent cake. With savoury notes from the sesame and a touch of salt running through the brittle it’s a perfect match for the chocolate and nutty notes of our hazelnut cake.
Included is our secret Strazzanti Sicilian nut flour blend used in The Sicilian Bakery, a superior quality Hazelnut from the Nebrodi area just north of Catania, located in the province of Messina and our Cubaita Siciliana, a typical Sicilian croccante “Qubbayta” originating from the Baroque town of Modica, Province of Ragusa.
- Naturally gluten free.
- Makes one large 9-inch cake.
- Serves 10-12 people.
- Up to 6 days shelf life once baked; Store in a cool, dry area.
- Suitable for freezing.
- Before cooking the ingredients have a shelf life of 1-3 months.
Is this a gift? Make them feel special with our luxury gift hamper and greeting card.
- Our signature Sicilian Hazelnut flour mix (nuts – hazelnut, almonds) 300g (naturally gluten free)
- Sicilian Chocolate Cream (Soy lecithin, Milk) to decorate 150g
- Cubaita Siciliana (nuts – almonds, sesame seeds) to decorate 200g
- Caster sugar
- Recipe card
- Cake tin
- Soy lecithin
Made without Gluten, however, produced in an environment where Gluten is present and Sesame seeds.