La Pasta Fresca – Family Pasta Making Virtual Masterclass with The Thinking Traveller 09.04.2021
Out of stock
Bring the family together in this immersive, fun fresh pasta masterclass!
We’ve partnered up with our friends from The Thinking Traveller to create this live cook along class perfect for kids and adults to enjoy together for some home entertainment during the Easter holiday’s. Their founders and our guests, Rossella and Huw, will be joining us to share some of their secret travel tips for Sicily for you for this summer, and with Emilia and Sofia will be talking about all the best dishes to eat when in Sicily!
You will be sent via post all the ingredients required. Working with a Sicilian twice milled semolina flour you will make a classic Sicilian pasta shape with no pasta machine required. Emilia, Strazzanti co-founder and chef, will guide you step by step on the making of the pasta dough and the shaping technique which is great for the kids to do! You will also have Strazzanti Sicilian sauces ready to serve alongside the fresh pasta with the perfect cheese to accompany the dish.
- Date: Friday 9th April 2021
- Time: 11:30
- Where: Zoom – A link will be emailed to you the day before
- Delivery: Ingredients will arrive with you by the Wednesday before
- Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours – a minimal amount of prep required beforehand
- Portions: Makes 4 portions (depending on your appetite!)
- Level: Beginners
- The Class: During the class we will make 2 portions of pasta with 1 sauce, leaving you another 2 portions to practice making the pasta after the class and to cook with the second sauce too. We suggest that an adult is present for the cooking of the pasta itself, but the pasta making is perfect for children alone or with their friends and family.
Pre-portioned and delivered directly to your door.
What is included:
- 500g Sicilian Semolina Flour
- 2 x Strazzanti Sugo di Pomodoro
- 100g Grated Parmesan cheese
- Bamboo sticks
- Recipe card
- A bowl to make the pasta dough in
- A measuring jug
- A normal table knife
- A wooden chopping board
- Weighing scales
- Pan for cooking the Pasta
- Saucepan for cooking the sauce
- Wooden spoon