Gattò di RicottaDolci - Desserts
- 700g x Fresh Ricotta cheese
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 3 x Whole Eggs
- 100g x Chopped dark chocolate
- Sunflower oil
Delightfully creamy with hidden gems of chocolate chip, this cake is too good to be served only at Easter.
Gatto di Ricotta is a baked, creamy, rich ricotta cake with chopped dark chocolate pieces running through the bake. It is the perfect cake for anyone who loves ricotta cheese and it is so simple to make, yet so impressive. The mix is an all in one cake mix, making it a quick and easy technique.
We use sheep ricotta for this recipe but if you find this difficult to find, then a cow’s ricotta can also be used, it just won’t have the same depth of flavour which you would get from the sheep ricotta.
Pre-heated oven 180 degrees
1) Take an 8 inch cake tin and oil the base and sides using some kitchen role and line with greaseproof paper.
2) In a large bowl add the Ricotta Cheese and add in the caster sugar and beat well together until the sugar is well incorporated.
3) In a separate bowl crack, the eggs and whisk well. Add the beaten eggs into the ricotta and sugar and mix altogether until fully combined and smooth.
4) Finish by adding in the small chunks of chopped chocolate, mix well and transfer into the cake tin.
5) Cook for around 40 minutes until golden brown and set. Leave to cool in the tin before demoulding and transferring to a serving platter.
How to download all our family Easter recipes:
We share more family recipes, in our subscriber exclusive Easter recipe pack which is available to download when you sign up to join our Strazzanti family.